Sunday, December 5, 2010

Shiver.

As I sit in the library, I'm not sure how I'm feeling today. Studying for finals and doing countless amounts of math homework isn't exactly what I would call an activity to lift your spirits. But you have to do things you don't want to sometimes, because it's what's best for you and others. That is applicable in various aspects of life and I have found it to be true, I suppose. Sometimes it's difficult to do the right thing, but it can benefit all parties involved, including yourself. I'm still struggling to find out how doing "the right thing" can benefit how I'm feeling sometimes. For example, taking a math class. I know how to add and subtract. Multiply and divide. I will never need to know how to graph something as a journalist. But, we take math because we have to, whether it makes us feel like punching a wall or not. And sometimes we just have to do things and make certain decisions because, well, we just have to. Although I am not feeling the positive effects of said decision and haven't for the past couple of weeks, I know things heal with time. And time takes time. Sooner or later, you will go back to feeling how you did at the beginning. Refreshed, and renewed. So here's to time!...and the ridiculousness that is mathematics in any shape or form.


"And it's you I see, but you don't see me. And it's you I hear, so loud and so clear. I sing it loud and clear, and I'll always be waiting for you. So I look in your direction, but you pay me no attention, and you know how much I need you, but you never even see me."


Wish me luck on this awful math final.

No comments:

Post a Comment