Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Future Freaks Me Out.

Back To Perfect

What do you say, we return to the past.
Don't move forward, take 3 1/2 steps back,
When things were alright, and love could last.
I'd like to go back, back to perfect.

They tell me not to hold on to what I once had, 
But if it means I can hold you again...
Why don't we just go back?
Back to perfect.


        I've been stuck in the past today.  It's great for a while, until you realize that the present is nothing like the past.  This can be construed as something magnificent in some cases.  In this case, however, I beg to differ.  I wish that some aspects of my past carried over to the present, and even the future.  There is no telling if it will show up again in the future like I am praying it will.  Even then, maybe there won't be place for me if it does show up.  I despise unpredictability. But I suppose that's what makes life so "exciting".
       I'd also like to know how the heck I was tired at 11:30pm, fell asleep, woke up at 12:45am and was unable to go back to sleep.  It wasn't a nap.  I was excited because I thought I was going to get the required amount of sleep for once.  On the bright side, I get through my Government & Politics final tomorrow, English class (last day of first semester classes!), come back, run errands, go to my Grammar for Journalists review session, and then...I have nothing scheduled after that.  At least Wednesday is Reading Day.  No classes and from December 9th - December 15th, it's 24/7 quiet hours in TP.  That should be lovely.  Although, I've found my new favorite place is indeed the library.
"Don't panic.  I'm with you.  There's no need to fear for I'm your God.  I'll give you strength.  I'll help you.  I'll hold you steady, keep a tight grip on you."  Isaiah 41:10
        Well, here's to finals week! Home in about a week, thank goodness for Winter Break.  A whole month without a care in the world.  I am enjoying the sound of that.


Goodnight blogesphere!







No comments:

Post a Comment